Thursday, June 17, 2010

Collection B


(Collection B Leather Jacket, Vintage Dress, Mom's Vintage Belt, Lucky Charm Necklace, Express Thigh Highs, Aldo Shren Wedge Boots)

I can't believe I didn't remember to post these on my blog!  At the end of last month, lookbook.nu sent me this one of a kind jacket to style from Collection B's upcoming fall collection.  Its a beautiful jacket and I'm really excited to see the other pieces.   I was told it must be a fall look, so even though I thought I might have a heat stroke due to the 100 degree humid Iowa afternoon, it was still fun to style.  I also can't believe I haven't photographed this dress before, as it has been one of my favorites.  I found it in the coolest little store in Iowa City called White Rabbit, and I believe it is a children's dress from the early 90's.  This is why it's so fun to be petite! 
On a more serious note, my life has been extremely hectic lately.  I've been working two jobs trying to save money, researching a possible move to San Francisco in January for grad school, and of course constantly thinking about places I can visit in the meantime.  I was in Minneapolis on Monday night and Tuesday and had so much fun!  I had a great guide- he took me wandering around to all the fancy boutiques, treated me to lunch, discussed art, played darts, drank tasty beer and ended by taking a nap by Lake Calhoun. The perfect way to spend a day off with a really wonderful old friend. The whole time I had wished I had grabbed my camera, because it was such a beautiful day.  There's always next time...
Time for bed, as I have another close to 12 hour work day tomorrow.  Oh, the life of a starving artist... xo


1 comment:

  1. whaaa? sf in january?! that's my 'hood! i hope you move here! it's awesome! ps: i'll be in iowa city probably in two weekends!

    ReplyDelete